Your safety has always been our #1 priority. Therefore, in this time of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have expanded and enhanced infection prevention protocols to ensure a safe environment for our patients, staff, and providers. We understand that these measures may be an inconvenience and in advance we thank you for your patience.
Masks are Required
For the safety of all, we require everyone in our facility to wear a mask. Masks with vents or valves are not allowed.
Screening/testing prior to Surgery
- Prior to your surgery, one of our Pre-Admission RN’s will contact you to discuss your current health status. Screenings are performed to ensure you are in good health prior to your procedure. Upon entry into the building, we will take your temperature and make certain you are not experiencing symptoms of an illness.
- It is in your best interest to postpone your procedure if you are ill.
- You may be required to be tested for COVID-19 prior to surgery. We will work with your surgeon to determine the best plan for YOU. If you are required to have a COVID-19 test you will be required to self-quarantine after you have been tested until your surgery.
Visitors General visitor guidelines:
- One healthy, adult support person age 19 or older may accompany patients.
- Pediatric/Minors (age 18 years or younger in Nebraska) are allowed two parents/guardians to accompany them. Social distancing requirements may necessitate only allowing one person at a time to remain with the patient.
- All patients and visitors are required to wear a mask at all times. Vented masks are prohibited.
- Only visitors able to pass the screening process will be allowed to enter the building.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entry to the building and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- It is essential to maintain social distancing of 6 feet when in public areas.
- Visitors may not eat or drink in the facility.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the building if social distancing of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- One contracted interpreter is allowed per patient in addition the allowed visitor.
We understand special circumstances may require exceptions to this policy. Exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. All visitors will be screened prior to entering the facility and required to wear a mask while in the surgery center.
For the latest on general information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we suggest the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or calling the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services at (402) 552-6645.
Thank you for choosing the Nebraska Surgery Center for your surgery.
Jane Haire, BSN, RN / Administrator
Ricky Hartwig, MD / Medical Director