Your safety has always been our #1 priority. Therefore, in this time of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have expanded and enhanced infection prevention protocols to ensure a safe environment for our patients, staff, and providers. These measures have been implemented for the continued safe delivery of care at Nebraska Surgery Center. We understand that these measures may be an inconvenience. We ask for your patience as we implement the following protocols.
Masks are Required
For the safety of all, we require everyone in our facility to wear a mask. We discourage the use of gaiters or bandanas as research has found these are not as effective as a mask. Masks with vents or valves are not allowed.
Screening/testing prior to Surgery
- Prior to your surgery, one of our Pre-Admission RN’s will contact you to discuss your current health status. Screenings are performed to ensure you are in good health prior to your procedure. Upon entry into the building, we will take your temperature and make certain you are not experiencing symptoms of an illness.
- It is in your best interest to postpone your procedure if you are ill.
- You may be required to be tested for COVID-19 prior to surgery. We will work with your surgeon to determine the best plan for YOU. If you are required to have a COVID-19 test you will be required to self-quarantine after you have been tested until your surgery.
- NSC cannot allow visitors at this time. We regret the inconvenience this may pose to you and your family. However, it is critical to protect our patients, staff and community from the risks associated with COVID-19.
- We will provide your responsible party with instructions and make sure you have the necessary information to take care of you at home.
- We also understand there may be circumstances that require exceptions to our visitor policy. This may include minors, dependent adults, or caregivers required for transportation following a procedure. Exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Visitors under the age of 19 will not be permitted. All visitors will be screened prior to entering the facility and required to wear a mask while in the surgery center.
Additional Safety Measures
- NSC will be taking additional precautionary measures to limit the risk of exposure by following the CDC’s guidance and requiring that everyone wears a mask while at our facility.
- We will be practicing social distancing with a minimum of six feet separation whenever possible.
- To protect our patients, all NSC team members will take their temperature before they start their shift and self-screen for symptoms of Covid 19 daily. Should one of our team members exhibit any symptoms, they are required to refrain from coming to any of our facilities.
This information will be updated as the situation locally, or the situation at NSC, changes. For the latest on general information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we suggest the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or calling the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services at (402) 552-6645.
Thank you for your kind understanding.
Thank you for choosing the Nebraska Surgery Center for your surgery.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
Jane Haire, BSN, RN / Administrator
Ricky Hartwig, MD / Medical Director